Thursday, August 29, 2019

Carrie

CARRIE
by Stephen King
5 stars


How far is too far when pulling a prank? How much can one person take when she seems to always be the joke? And is the power that Carrie has a blessing or a curse?
Carrie White has the power to move things with her mind But her mamma is extremely religious, and raises Carrie to be an outcast with her classmates. When the tricks being played on her go too far, Carrie breaks. She uses her powers to retaliate to the extreme.
Stephen King's first novel will definitely set the path for the greatness to come from him. It is slightly terrifying, exciting, and a very powerful read. I thought I read this many years ago, but I realized while reading it that I had only seen the movie and never read the book itself. I'm glad I decided to read it.

No comments: