Thursday, September 5, 2019

'Salem's Lot by Stephen King
SALEM'S LOT
by Stephen King
5 stars

It's 1980 and I am 11 years old. I was always an avid reader since the age of 5. You would rarely see me without a book in hand. I went to the library, and for the first time was allowed to pick a book all by myself. Nobody restricting my choice.
My mother tried to dissuade me, "This is too grown-up for you. You won't be able to sleep. It will scare you!"
Well, she was right. I wasn't able to sleep, because I couldn't put the book down. It did scare the bejesus out of me, but I loved every second of it. I have been a King fan ever since. I buy and read everything he writes {most books more than once over the years}.
Salem's Lot is a quiet little town until two gentlemen, Straker and Barlow, move into the big scary house on the hill.
Ben Mears, a writer, returns to town hoping to get inspirationn for a new book. He gets alot more than that went people start dying and disappearing. Then return at night as vampires.
Vivid descriptions, wonderful characters, and a fear filled plot.

No comments: